11 December 2018

My Social Anxiety Journey

I didn’t know that it was described as social anxiety at first. I type “fear of embarrassment” on Google and social anxiety disorder came at the top. I believe it is treatable because I used to be so wild back in the day. I was an ex-bartender and interaction with customers is a must. Awkwardness is a norm because sometime, we do need our alone time. I find it hard to be alone unless you look like a jerk and act like one. These fear of mine are mostly on social media where we share our opinion just like that for everyone to ponder upon. Sometime I deleted the sentence, re-arrange or repeat it a few more time then just decided to not to post at all. Why am I so afraid to showcase my ability to write? I don’t write professionally but what I am trying to point here is why do I think too much about how other people judge me?

Why can’t I be like some other people who can’t even spell or make the phrase right, right? No, I am not judging my friends and I don’t even bother to correct them.

(A long pause here due to overthinking)

I found it useful when it comes to writing because to write a quality article with this thought is pretty mindblowing and sometime I can't even finish them. I have to say it is not so healthy when it comes to interaction with families and friends. I’m not used to simply type phrases on any other social media platform without certain motive unless it’s a meme, of course. Maybe those who created meme have social anxiety too? It’s just a speculation, but who’s know? Actually I don’t want to talk about meme but it does take a load off burden to make the right phrase just for the sake of posting some sh*t.

Anyway, there are cure. I know it is treatable because I’m in it. It will takes time and you will get depressed over nothing but you know what? F*ck it, I want to stop feel like that sh*t again. It was draining and tiring to the point of self re-evaluation sucks. What we need is courage, maybe we should create our own “rant-of-the-day” day, where we could speak our mind without judgement. They gonna forget it after all, or maybe they won’t (opppss, my social anxiety is kicking in). You know what I’m talking about, be bold and uncomfortable. Baby step, surely gets somewhere. Spread positivity and love wherever you are. Please comment, don’t be shy. I won’t bite and if being anonymous is comfortable, so be it but remember. We need to get out of our comfort zone. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment